KHL Oil Level Controller (Single Switch for High/Low Level Alarm in Explosion Proof Enclosure)
KENCO Oil Level Controllers are designed to maintain the running oil level in the crankcase of stationary engines, compressors, and mechanical lubricator boxes. The KENCO oil controller works in conjunction with an overhead oil supply system which feeds the oil level controller. As the oil is consumed, the oil controller supplies the required amount of oil to maintain a proper level in the crankcase. The oil controller maintains the proper amount of oil in the crankcase by using a float controlled valve. The valve opens and closes as oil is needed in the crankcase to provide a constant oil level. The oil level switch in the KHL is an electric switch in an explosion proof enclosure, rated for hazardous hydrogen gas environments. The float switch monitors the oil in the crankcase. The level within the crankcase directly corresponds with the oil level in the oil level controller housing. If the oil level in the crankcase drops or rises 3/4″ past the centerline, the switch will trip sending an alarm.
- KHL – Oil Level Controller with S.P.D.T. Electric Switch in Explosion Proof Enclosure for Single High Level and Low Level Alarm
- KHL-DPDT – Oil Level Controller with D.P.D.T. Electric Switch in Explosion Proof Enclosure for Single High Level and Low Level Alarm
- KHL-ES – Oil Level Switch with S.P.D.T. Electric Switch in Explosion Proof Enclosure for Single High Level and Low Level Alarm (No Oil Level Controller Function)
- KHL-ES-DPDT – Oil Level Switch with D.P.D.T. Electric Switch in Explosion Proof Enclosure for Single High Level and Low Level Alarm (No Oil Level Controller Function)
- Locations where high and low levels will be monitored by one alarm
- Hazardous locations where flammable or combustible elements are present.
- Stationary engines and compressors
- Mechanical lubricators
- Reduces maintenance by maintaining a constant lube level.
- Protects against lubrication failure
- Controller mechanism fully removable without draining oil
- Easy view convex sight window
- High pressure applications up to 70 psig (4.82 bar)
- Fire Safe Valves Available
- Oil inlet allows for piping configuration from any direction
- Oil outlets on either side of housing and in the bottom to allow for various piping configurations
- Easy access to switch float through 3/8″ vent hole in top of housing for simple testing of switch operation
- Direct mount adapters eliminate equalizing problems and reduce installation costs
- Oil level controllers for synthetic oil applications now available
- CSA & ATEX Approved explosion proof switch enclosure