KENCO aluminum drum gauges are an important part of a chemical injection skid. Drum Gauges are used to visually monitor the liquid level inventory in horizontal 55 gallon chemical storage tanks. In addition, several models come complete with a test valve to set the injection rate of a chemical metering pump.
- Volume Scale in gallons and liters is provided for visual reference
- Chemical injection rate scale is calibrated in Quarts/24 Hours and Liters/24 Hours
- Available in a wide range of materials for ultimate corrosion resistance
- Models available to accomodate diaphragm operated pumps
- Can handle pump rates up to 19.5 gallons per day and 74 liters per day
- Installs easily in 3/4" NPT outlet of drum head
- Aflas o-ring seal are standard for all units
- Adjustable steel gauge markers for easy calibration
THE ONE MINUTE TEST (using a 779, 810 or K599):
To check the pumping rate of a chemical pump, depress the valve handle(or close the ball valve on Model K599).This will isolate the level gauge from the storage tank. Hold the valve closed for one minute and observe the change in level on the scale cast inside the gauge frame. The scale on the left hand side of the gauge glass is calibrated in quarts per 24 hours and the scale on the right is calibrated in liters per 24 hours. The rate observed is the actual chemical pump rate. If the rate is not the one desired, make an adjustment to the chemical pump feed rate and conduct as many one minute tests as is necessary to set the chemical pump rate to the rate desired.